Path to humanity

Path to humanity
We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings. (Albert Einstein)

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A short conversation (Part-1)
The lift


(I was about to leave and was waiting for the lift to come up and take me down, not actually but literally. It came, I entered into it and I had just pressed the early close button that I saw her waving her hand to stop it. I had no choice. It stopped. She entered into it. Somehow she managed to ignore me and started doing something on her extra big phone that reminded me of early Nokia stone-phone age.)
After a few moments,
She- Don't stare at me like this.
Me- OK. (And I started looking at the numbers which were decreasing as we were leaving each floor, although I was not staring at her but...)
Pause.
She- Don't act so smart. You got me?
Me- Now what! (I faked my anger softly and changed my tone.)
Well, am I? (It really felt good with that passive complement.)
(She gave me an angry look.)
All right! All right! (I messed up my hair to look like weirdo)
(She was surprised, smiled a bit. Hesitant in some cute ways.)
Me- OK, tell me what should I do?
She- Nothing. (you moron)
(I acted like I stopped taking my breaths and showed myself numb to the situation.)
I kill you. (This is what she must had said, I thought)
Me- You are beautiful. See you.
(I could imagine her lips curving into a rose bud smile while leaving her behind in the lift to get down onto my floor.)
                                                              -Snehil Srivastava

Picture credit: www.outtacontext.com
(Note- No part of this post may be published, reproduced or stored in a retrieval system in any form or by any means without the prior permission of the author.)
© Snehil Srivastava

No comments:

Post a Comment