Path to humanity

Path to humanity
We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings. (Albert Einstein)

Thursday, April 23, 2015

A short conversation (Part-3)
The hug

Days after knowing her lovely name I had no clue where is she from, her contact number or any such thing. It had been 7 days since I last saw Manu that rainy day.
I was in my thoughts and was smiling imagining her adorable face. I smile every time I see her in closed eyes. My smile was interrupted whence my phone started vibrating. I took it out from my trouser's right side pocket. It was an unknown number. I swiped the green flash on my mobile phone. Before the call could be connected, it was disconnected from the other side. It was 11:45 pm. I was lying on my bed to find sleep. I just ignored the call and closed my eyes to see her again that the vibration of my phone stopped me doing it once again. It was the same number. I took one moment to pick the call this time and received it after few seconds. I could hear someone sobbing so softly, it was a girl. I guessed.
Me- Hello? Who is there?
(No one replied. Sobbing continued.)
Me- Hey, whoever you are, please stop crying and tell me your name or I will hang up.
She (girl on the other side)- Wait! Its me Manasvi. Please don't cut the call. I need to talk to you urgently.
I was surprised not by the call but that Manu had called me, this late.
Me- Oh! Hie Manu. You all right? What happened? Why are you crying? And where did you find my number, I remember we did not share our numbers, did we?
(I shot many a questions in a go.)
She- No, we did not. But that day you got a call from someone and you were telling your number to the other side. I think you might have forgotten. And I don't know how but its in my memory since then.
(I could sense bit tranquility in her voice now. I do not know if she kept my words when I asked her to stop crying or it was something else.)
She continued- Snehil, I am not fine. And I am crying since evening. I don't know what happened to me. I am all alone. And I feel like dying right now.
Me- Calm down dear. No such problem is big enough in this world that we need to end this precious life. So please, take a deep breath and tell me what is it that you are feeling so low?
She- I don't know. I just felt like talking to you so much. I cut the call at first. I thought, what would you think about me that in just two short interactions I am calling you this late when you did not even share your number. I am sorry if I am bothering you.
Me- Hey, its fine. And its really not important what I would think. Right now, what is important, is that you don't cry moreover smile. Could you please do that?
She- I don't know.
(In this serious situation this 'I don't know' sounded quiet irritating. But that's OK. She must be feeling something bad, what else. I thought.)
She continued- Could you please do me a favour?
Me- What? Tell me Manu.
She- Please don't mind but can we meet now?
(It was close to 12:30 am now. I had no issue going out this late but for a girl and in Gurgaon it is really late. I thought.)
Me- See, I totally understand your situation. And trust me I really want to but don't you think its quiet late. We can meet tomorrow morning, anytime you say.
She- OK. No problem Snehil. I know its late and it is more than enough to ask something like this.
(She sounded lost. I could feel the loneliness in her voice.)
Me- Is it safe that you come out of your place right now? If so, tell me your address. I will be there as soon as possible.
She- Yes, I live in a PG. There is no such problem. (She directed me her place.)
In next 20 minutes I was standing in front of that PG. I messaged her to come out. She responded with '2 minutes' message.
A guard in blue dress was looking at me suspiciously. I ignored him as Manu came and told the guard that I am her friend.
She was in yellow t shirt and blue capri. And was looking more adorable in those rough cloths.
Me- Hi. Now tell me what happened.
She- Nothing much. Can you please hug me?
(Before I could say a yes or no, she hugged me.)
She whispered in my ear- Snehil, thanks a lot that you came. It means a lot to me. You may not understand but I have found you. See you.
(I could not utter a word. I could understand nothing. I only could see that rose bud smile on her lips once again.)

-Snehil Srivastava

Picture credit: www.galleryhip.com
(Note- No part of this post may be published, reproduced or stored in a retrieval system in any form or by any means without the prior permission of the author.)
© Snehil Srivastava

No comments:

Post a Comment